Wednesday, May 18, 2016

I'm Not Your Fairytale

I am not a damsel in distress just waiting for a
knight in shining armor to come and rescue me
from the drudgery and misery.

I am myself’s own hero.
I fight all those who try to hurt me because
that’s a lot easier than to wait for someone
to save me.

I conquer every fears I have even of it means
I’ll have to have cuts and bruises ad endure
every pain.

I know I look weak.
I look as if I’m going to stumble
with just a snap of your finger.
I know I mumble with words
everytime people throw sarcasms at me.

I certainly get hurt but those are just
too shallow for me to scream in agony.
I’m not a princess in stilettos, a tiara, and a fancy dress.
I chose to be in my ripped jeans and sneakers.

I don’t want to wait in vain
for a prince charming to arrive
on his white horse.

I’m not just simply waiting for a kiss
and expecting that a happily ever after
will follow.

I’m not even dreaming of a prince.
All I want is someone who’ll never
feel scared to stay at my side;
someone who’ll jump at every chance
of adventure with me.

All I ever want to be
is a princess
not built in imaginary land
of fairies and castles.

A princess who traveled
the path that few dared
to choose for her
happily ever after.

Abby Arreitavlas 031616

via Betsin-artparasites

No comments:

Post a Comment

Small Tornado